- Make sure your email address is professional. If you have a fun personal email address register a new email address specifically for your job applications. First impressions are very important.
- Do not place photos on your resume (especially photos out partying).
- Remember to put your achievements on your resume after each listed position e.g. Salesperson of the year, Reduced DSO from 50 to 40 days
- Ensure your covering letter is addressed to the correct agency or company and has the right job listed.
- Have voicemail on your mobile when applying for roles. Also ensure you have changed your voicemail to a professional message if searching for work.
- Register your profile with Linkedin.com.au – Recruitment companies and organisations regularly use linkedin when searching for candidates. It is also a great place to check the profile of the person you are being interviewed by.
- Remember to dress professionally for your interview with the recruitment agency – You need to dress to impress before you are placed in front of the client
- Ensure you research the company before the interview. Google on recent articles and check out their website.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. It shows you are interested.